Who is Foodtech Fresh?
Foodtech Fresh is an expert consultancy in the field of Food and Food Packaging Technical Services. We have a focused spectrum of skills, background and industry experience, a network of associates and specialists, combined with the ethic of partnering with our customers.
If global food waste were a country, it would be the third largest carbon emitter in the world behind the US and China.
There are legitimate concerns from consumers over the use of plastics in food packaging, plastics that play a significant role in combating food waste.
There’s real danger that food waste reduction in the developed world could be a victim of plastics reduction.
We are passionate about doing our part in making a difference, applying an integrated approach to food waste reduction through innovation in product, process, and packaging.
We offer a simple path to a better Triple Bottom Line
In a nutshell, we assist our customer to extend the shelf life of new and existing products through:
- Customising of packaging to suit customer process and product
- Understanding the client’s production chain and refining/optimising it from Field to Fork – or from farm to final customer
- Facilitating the product development process to ensure successful product range launches – including varietal development
- Internal audits with recommendations and remediation report
Benefits of our services
- Reduce in waste or spoilage
- Substantial shelf-life extension opportunity
- Product safety for your customer
- Product innovation opportunity
- Brand build and reputational benefits from serving satisfied customers
- Sales growth and market share growth
- Profit growth
About Heather Voegt
Heather is a Fresh Produce Specialist with over 25 years’ experience in the field of Fresh Produce and Fresh Produce Technology. Heather studied Food Technology at the Cape Peninsula University of Technology.
Her career started with Distell Corporation in the wine industry and then moved onto Bromor Foods (Beverage Division), where she worked as a couple of years as a Food Technologist. Heather then joined Lombardi Foods for eight years as a Food and Process Technologist, specializing in Fresh and Ready to Eat products.
Heather then spent the next eleven years at Woolworths as a Food Technologist in the Produce Department (Ready to Eat, vegetable, fruit and lettuce and leaf production, honing her skills as a Fresh Produce Specialist, focusing on varietal development and Modified Atmosphere Packaging.
Heather’s extensive knowledge and expertise in the field of Fresh Produce have been gained during her considerable years working in the field.